The Port District of Brookings Harbor covers an area of 400 square miles reaching from the mouth of the Chetco River to the Oregon-California border, north to the drainage of the Pistol River, and east to the Curry-Josephine County line. The Port District is governed by five member commission elected at-large from the district, which has a population of approximately 16,000 people. The five member Port Commission is responsible for all of the activities of the Port and the management of public assets. Commissioners are elected at large from the district residents and serve without compensation for a term of four years. There are three official positions within the Commission: Chairman, Vice Chairman, and Secretary/Treasurer. These positions are filled by election, within the Commission.
- » Full Service Marina
- » Six-lane launch ramp and travel-lift services
- » Full services for the Commercial Fleet
- » Docks and moorage facilities
- » Ocean Front RV Park and Camping
- » Great shops and restaurants along the Boardwalk
- The Port of Brookings Harbor District covers over 400 square-miles.
- The assessed valuation of the Port District is $968,000,000.
- The Port of Brookings Harbor represents over 75 percent of the population base for Curry County.
- The Port of Brookings is the busiest recreational Port on the Oregon Coast with more than 31,000 bar crossings and more than 95,000 recreational users annually.
- The Port has more than 5,000 commercial fishing vessels that visit the Port annually.
- The Port moves more than 20 million pounds of bait, fuel, ice and fish products across its docks annually.
- Because of its location and geographical configuration, the Port of Brookings Harbor is the safest bar on the Oregon Coast with more than 280 passable days per year.
- The Port of Brookings Harbor is classified as a Shallow-draft harbor. Shallow-draft harbors are defined as those with 14 feet or less depth.
- Shallow-draft harbors are dependent upon commercial and recreational fishing to maintain port infrastructure.